The healing process usually lasts between 2 and 3 months, depending on the location of the implant...
The healing process usually lasts between 2 and 3 months, depending on the location of the implant.
The first days and weeks following the procedure are crucial. It is important that no soft tissue and bone inflammation develop during this time, which would disturb osseointegration - integration of an implant with your jaw bone.
- After procedure use ice bags on your jaw
- Do not eat, drink, spit, or talk until full sensation is regained in the anaesthetised area
- Avoid hot drinks and liquids during the first days after the procedure
- Do not smoke and drink alcohol during the first days after the procedure
- Avoid unnecessary talking for the first 2 days after the procedure
- Avoid physical effort and bending over
- Do not go to a sauna, solarium and swimming pool
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water after each meal
- Use 3-4 times a day an antiseptic mouthwash
- Brush and floss all other areas of your mouth in your regular fashion the day after your surgery